Frequently Asked Questions

Education in Canada

Is there any cost to take the educational process with you?


No, we do not charge an administration fee, it will only be charged if the college/university charges for your registration, it is not an amount directed to immiland, this money is used at the time of registration and is charged by the college/university for the review of your documentation.

Can you help me process my enrollment at a college/university with which you do not have an agreement?


No, because we are not legally authorized to do so and we do not know the internal process to process the enrollment. We will only be able to help you if you choose one of our programs because we can commit to handling your application (we have direct contact, access to applications and data management) and we are trained for them.

In case you want to apply to an institution with which we do not have an agreement, we recommend writing to them directly and once you have obtained the LOA, our visa team will be happy to help you with the visa process.

What does it mean that the program is Fast track?


When the program indicates that it is Fast Track, or can also be called accelerated, it is because it does NOT have a long summer vacation.

Can I register without the language test?


No, unfortunately we need proof of language proficiency even if you wish to do a pathway (see FAQ number 2 to understand the pathway). At Immiland we do not send incomplete documents because in order for a Canadian institution to reserve a place for you, you must have all the documents including the language test.

Only Lambton College in the province of Ontario has a 100% free internal test with us that you can take if you wish to enroll in this institution once we send your application.

Are the extra fees mandatory and is the price per year or for the whole program?


These extra fees vary according to the program you select and usually consist of fees such as medical insurance, international fees, books, transportation, among others. The approximate cost you should add is CAD$1,000 to CAD$5,000 to the annual tuition fee.

What is CO-OP and does it affect my residency?


The co-op is a professional internship (work experience while you are still a student), it does not affect your residency nor does it count towards your residency (with very specific exceptions in Quebec). Your benefit is that you gain work experience in the professional area of study, which will benefit you in the future when you graduate to find your first job.

What is the language level required for admission?


It varies a lot from program to program, the recommendation is that you first select the program of interest and we will gladly send you the details of the program, with all the admission requirements including the language level required for admission.

However, for a technical (undergraduate) program the level normally required is an academic IELTS of 6.0. For a postgraduate program an academic IELTS of 6.5 /7 and for a master's program an academic IELTS of 7 and above. With differences in their bands depending on the selected program.

What is the deadline for registration?


Depending on the college selected, a clear example: for the September intake the deadlines (enrollment deadline) is March, however, programs close as they fill up and waiting until March could significantly decrease the programs that are still available.

When can I register for the selected program?


Enrollment normally opens 10 to 12 months prior to the start of classes, as soon as enrollment opens we can register you, as long as you have ALL the requirements we ask for. It is recommended to apply at least 7 months in advance (because you must take into account the time it takes to process the letter of acceptance (LOA) which will be approximately 4 weeks to 8 weeks sometimes 10 depending on the college/university) plus the time it takes to process the study permit (approximately 4 to 6 months).

When do classes start in Canada?


The most common intakes are: September where we have available 100% of the educational programs , January we have available 70% of the educational programs and May we have available in 50% of the educational programs. It will depend on the program you select.

Are all your programs suitable for a future residency?


All our educational institutions are part of the DLI and have PGWP so if you do things right in the future you will be eligible for a residency (following the immigration plan of your ICCRC member consultant).

Will my partner and I be able to work while I am studying the program? Does the time I work while I am a student count towards my residency?


Yes, you will be able to work while studying and your partner will be eligible for the open work permit. The time you work while studying is not relevant for residency. However, the work time that counts towards residency for the international student is the POST GRADUATION WORK PERMIT (PGWP), this permit can be obtained after graduation and international students are eligible depending on the institution to which they apply.

At Immiland we only offer institutions that make them eligible for this permit, it is our seal of guarantee.

I do not meet the required language level, how does the pathway work?


When we enroll through Immiland for the main program in one of our partner colleges or universities, you must present the language level through one of the tests accepted by the college or university, if you do not meet the minimum required , it is the college who places you in a level and indicates the time and cost of the same. The pathway is taken before the program, the college gives you a letter of acceptance program + pathway, this will be conditional, which means that to start the program you must successfully complete the pathway.

You must take into account that when you go through the pathway, neither you nor your partner (if applicable) will be able to work until you complete the pathway and obtain an unconditional letter of admission.

To know the cost and time of the pathway we need the language test. IELTS Academic type or TOEFL IBT type. You should not enroll without the language test.

If I already have a university degree, can I study a two-year undergraduate program?


If you already have university studies, it is advisable to study a graduate or master degree program, however, if the program of interest is an undergraduate program that adds to your profile, i.e., 80% of the curriculum is new and is consistent with your work or professional experience, then it could be considered as an option.

Latest on Instagram