How to find childcare in Montreal?
We understand that it can be complicated to plan a whole new life in a different city. That's why Immiland wants to help you with some tips to minimize your worries.
For you who want to immigrate to Montreal, we will tell you how to enroll your child(ren) in daycare (known in Montreal as Daycare). Here we will tell you how to do it and what steps to follow.
The first step you should take as soon as you arrive in Montreal is to register your details in the link below. We suggest you to give priority to this registration, as you must take into consideration that you will be on a waiting list, so the sooner you do it the better. Also consider that you will not be allowed to register from your country of origin, since the website is limited to work only in Canada.
1. Go to the website: www.laplace 0-5.com, the website is available in English or French.
- Here you must register your data and those of your child(ren).
2. Once you have created your registration, you will be taken to the map where you will see all the daycare centers in Montreal.
- You can find daycare centers, CPE, Daycare or Recognize home based.
3. You will find government subsidized and non-subsidized day care centers .
- The cost of subsidized childcare is $8.70 CAD per child, per day.
- The cost of non-subsidized childcare can range from $25 to $60 CAD, per child, per day. This amount may be included in your annual tax return and you may receive a refund.
- (Prices are current as of July 2022, subject to change at any time).
4. Once you have found the ideal childcare center, you must proceed with the registration and select from the list the child or children you wish to register.
5. The final step is to wait until you are contacted by the daycare to confirm enrollment, keep in mind that government subsidized daycares have a waiting list.
The day care centers will provide your child with lunch and dinner, breakfast is not included. As parents, you will need to bring your child the essentials for the day at the daycare center, such as diapers, change of clothes, etc.
Once your child(ren) is (are) registered, you will receive a daily email with his or her behavior.
Note: Remember that at Immiland we are regulated Canadian immigration consultants with CICC. You can check the status of our consultants.
If you want to know what it's like to be a mother in Canada, I invite you to watch the following video video.