Working Holiday Visa in Canada

If you are from Chile, Costa Rica and Spain and you are up to 35 years old, you can apply for the Working Holiday Visa. It should be noted that this program covers more nationalities:


Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Lativia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom.


This program allows a person who meets nationality and age requirements to apply for an open work visa that will allow him/her to travel to Canada to live a vacation + work experience. 


It is important to note that this program does not require a job offer in order to apply for an open work visa. This makes the process easier since it does not require a search for a Canadian employer. 


How does it work?


The candidate pool is opened every year between November and December approximately so that applicants can create their profile.


This applicant pool is open to all persons who apply to the program before the program closes. 


Once the profile is created, IRCC will start sending out invitations to apply for an OWP (Open Work Permit). This process is randomized and invitations are sent until they run out or until the cycle is completed.


What happens if I am elected?


If you are the lucky one to get an invitation, you will have 7 days to accept it and then 20 days to upload your documents to the profile. It is at this time that you are applying for the open work permit. 


Documents supporting the candidate's profile, work experience and educational information must be submitted. The requirements of this program are as follows: 


  • Police certificate 
  • Medical examinations 
  • Resume, at Immiland we can help you .
  • Valid passport showing citizenship of one of the participating countries
  • Photo 
  • Family information
  • Residency test 
  • Proof of financial solvency. This program requires a solvency of CAD$2500. 
  • Proof of travel insurance. This requirement does not have to be sent with the application but at the time of entering Canada it must be presented at the airport. You can get it here.


 After this, the IRCC resolution must be awaited.


If your work permit application is approved, you will have approximately 1 year to enter Canada and activate your visa for 1 year from your entry into the country.


We invite you to take advantage of this opportunity if you are from these countries since having work experience in the future will translate into becoming eligible to apply for permanent residency either by:


  • Canadian Experience class - Express Entry
  • Provincial Nomination


What should I work on?


This depends a lot.


If you want to use this opportunity in the best possible way to achieve residency we invite you to have an immigration consultation with our registered consultants at CICC please login Here.


We hope you find this information useful, in case you want to know more, we invite you to watch our youtube video. 


With love,



The latest in