TOP 10 in-demand jobs in Canada (2020)
This day is in commemoration of the march that was organized in 1872, in support of the workers of the printing union in Toronto, who were on strike, the following month another march was organized and so were replicated each year, until in 1880 it became customary to hold it on the first Monday of September and in 1894 Prime Minister John Thompson decided to make it a national holiday throughout the country.
After a bit of history, here are the Top 10 in-demand jobs in Canada (2020):
Truck Driver, if you have a truck driver's license, experience and a Canadian job offer, you could command an annual salary of CAD $36,650- $48,600.
Welder, it is absolutely necessary to have experience in your country and the job offer from a Canadian company, the hourly wage varies between CAD $19.60 - $28.50 per hour.
3. Software engineer or designer, Canada has a fairly high growth in Information Technology and the annual salary for this job is CAD $83,000. Both front-end and back-end programmers are the most sought after.
4. Electrician, you have very high chances of getting a job offer, even more if you have Peruvian or Colombian nationality. The annual salary is approximately CAD $86,000.
5. Heavy machinery mechanic is a very sought after job but requires experience in your home country and a job offer in order to apply for a work visa. The salary is CAD $25 to CAD $30 per hour.
6. Manager in Construction, the salary for this in-demand job is approximately CAD $83,000 per year.
7. Merchandiser, play a key role in the selection and display of inventory in retail spaces. The approximate salary is CAD $ 57,300 to $ 97,100.
8. Accountant, there are also many specializations in demand within the accounting field, such as payroll, accounts payable and receivable, tax, government and auditing, among others. The salary per year is between CAD$ 42,000 and CAD$ 48,000.
9. Financial Advisor, this job is dedicated to the financial sector and approximately achieves an annual salary of CAD $50,000 per year.
10. Nursing, this job has a professional entry. In order to work in this field you must pass certain exams in Canada, recognize your degree through the corresponding order and finally look for a job offer. The annual salary is approximately CAD $74,000.
Remember that in order for you to come to Canada with any of these jobs you must have a conversational level of English and/or French and a job offer, in some cases this offer must be covered by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), unless your spouse (if applicable) is coming to study in Canada (conditions apply) or your country of origin has a treaty with Canada.