What is the Federal Skilled Trades program?
The Federal Skilled Trades Program is intended for workers who wish to become permanent residents because they are qualified in a skilled trade.
Note that Express Entry works by a points grid that is used to evaluate the applicant's eligibility, so the higher the score, the more likely you are to get an invitation to apply.
Learn more about the point system.
Restrictions for this type of visa
- There may be additional requirements for regulated professions in Canada.
- It is focused on the occupational groups of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- You may require an Educational Credential Evaluation (ECA).
- Requires knowledge of English and/or French. Learn more about the language exams and required scores.
Requirements for this type of visa
- Have at least 2 years of full-time paid work experience (or equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within 5 years prior to application.
- Meet the requirements of their occupation as established in the National Classification of Occupations.
- To have:
- An offer of full-time employment for a period of at least 1 year.
- Certificate of Qualification (ECA).