What is a Post-Graduation Work Permit?
Allows students who have graduated in Canada to obtain work experience in the country after completing their studies.
The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) allows students who have graduated from Canadian Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) the opportunity to obtain an open work permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience.
The qualifying Canadian work experience gained through the PGWP helps graduates qualify for permanent residency in Canada.
Restrictions for this type of visa
- Must have studied full-time for a minimum of 8 months and up to a maximum of 3 years.
- You can only receive a post-graduation leave once in your lifetime.
- It is requested within 180 days from the date of graduation.
Requirements for this type of visa
- Have completed an academic, vocational or professional program at an institution designated by the Government of Canada for at least 8 months.
- Maintained full-time student status in Canada during each academic session of the chosen program.
- Have an academic transcript and an official letter from an eligible institution (DLI) confirming completion of the study program.