Affidavit of Domestic Partnership

Are you traveling with your partner to Canada and need to prove that you are living together in a common-law relationship?

An Affidavit of Common Law is a document that confirms that two people are in a common-law relationship outside of marriage. This affidavit states how long a couple has lived together and lists other evidence that shows they are in a genuine and committed relationship.

The affidavit must be sworn and signed by both members of the union before a notary public or commissioner authorized to take oaths. Please note that the minimum period of cohabitation in a free union must be 1 year. For immigration purposes, you must have lived for a period of at least 12 continuous months with your current partner.

Benefits of this affidavit

  • Demonstrates that a couple meets the necessary requirements to apply for Canadian programs or visa applications jointly and as a family.
  • Demonstrates that a couple has lived together in a conjugal relationship outside of marriage on a continuous basis.


Latest on Instagram

Immiland Canada BogotaImmiland Canada BogotaEddy Ramirez ImmilandEddy Ramirez ImmilandEddy Ramirez CanadaEddy Ramirez CanadaVenezuelans in CanadaVenezuelans in Canada