- Depending on your nationality, the employer may require a Labor Market Impact Assessment (also known as a Labour Market Impact Assessment - LMIA).
- Getting the job offer can be time consuming. It requires adapting your CV and professional documents to the Canadian format.
- An upper-intermediate level of the language is required.
- There are additional requirements depending on the type of permit you are applying for.
- The employment cannot be related to an employer who is listed as "ineligible" on the list of employers who have failed to meet the conditions.
- Employment may not be related to an employer that offers striptease, lap dancing, escort services or erotic massages.
- Demonstrate that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires.
- Demonstrate that you have enough money to care for yourself and your family members for a reasonable period of time.
- Not represent a danger to the security of Canada.